What is a Cave?
- A Cave is a virtual cellar. Your Cave is the virtual cellar of the wines you’re offering. Everyone’s Cave is visible to everyone in the Community.
How do I find wines I want?
- Find wines you want by scrolling through wines as they’re loaded – kind of like a ticker tape news feed. You can also Search for a specific wine by producer, and even Filter further by Variety, Vintage and/or Region.
- Be inspired by a sommelier, or fav wine maker, quality blogger and fellow wino, and Follow the experts and people you like.
Do I have to upload wines in order to make a trade?
- You don't have to load wines to see what wines are out there, but when you do see all the neat wine’s of the world on offer, yes, you'll want to Add some of your own wines to trade with.
Can I make a trade with anyone?
Yes, this list is literally limitless. From the folks down the street who you didn’t know have been cellaring for years, to the gal who works at a wine shop in Cali and sees copious more local wines that folks in NY don’t, to wine makers of the wine regions of the world who have breadth of knowledge and more than just some cases of delight, to the Somm’s and Somm’s in the making (there’s loads of tastings to getting that qualification!) to our kinda everyday wine geek, and guy who’s blogs you just can’t get enough of. And that’s just naming a few.
Can I follow people? And can I find my Facebook friends?
- Yes and yes. Click on Search, then People, start typing their name and when the results appear, click on Follow.
- It’s also here in Search that you can connect with your Facebook friends and make trading and sharing even more fun. Be sure to sign into the app using your Facebook account first.
The Nearby feature is great! How does it work?
- The Nearby feature allows you to see all wines within the radius of your choosing up to 100miles of your current location. Be sure to allow the app to use your location for this to be most effective.
Can I post wines from my Cave, or trades I’ve done on social?
- Yes you can post any wine you’ve loaded into your Cave, as well as any trades you’ve done to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Who determines the value of a trade?
- You establish the value of the wine or wines you have and would like to trade for. You can be as creative as you like, perhaps trading 1 bottle of red for 3 bottles of white, or 2 bottles of the same wine for a mix of 5 new wines. There are no boundaries, your wine is your currency, and you and your trading partners get to call the shots and all get what you want.
Do I have to fulfill a trade?
- We promote acting in good faith. Keep it real and keep it simple. Do the right thing by your fellow human and get no less back.
How do I get my wines to someone I’ve traded with?
- Arrange a personal exchange.
- Local distributors, often agents of UPS and Fedex, can provide this service. And your local UPS or Fedex will know who they are too, so just ask them. Be mindful of any State guidelines. And read through our Terms of Service if you’d like more information about that.
- Join us at tradeagrape pop-ups. Stay in touch and we’ll let you know what social events we’re dialed in with to facilitate the exchange of traded wines and even bring wines to trade in person. And yes, these quite possibly could include enjoying a splash and a swirl.
- Reach out to us here anytime firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with logistics.
How do I make the most out of tradeagrape?
- Enable notifications so you can find Nearby wines and yours can be found.
- Upload a wine and give it a go. And when you have the thrill of trading bug, we’ll bulk upload more. A trading floor isn’t about admin after all, so let us do that for you.
- Follow some folks. Start with me – Donna Katz. I’d love to trade with you. There’s so many wines I want to try too!
- Share on social and get the vibe out there to open up more wines of the world to the wine loving world. We all wanted access, now we have it.
Can I bulk upload my wines to my Cave?
- Yes. Actually, you can have us do that for you! However you manage your cellar now, we can transfer the wines you want from it for you. Just email us at email@example.com